Tuesday 12 February 2013

Pattern for Crochet baby piglet booties


Hi to all crocheters,

I am a novice at blogging,so please be nice :)
And I have only been crocheting for about 3 years,maybe more,so I have lots to learn.
Not long ago I set up a facebook page,in hope to sell some of my crochet creations,to my amazement I have sold some,but hey I have a long way to go :)
The other day I found very cute baby crochet booties
 on some Russian site, apparently design of Kris Quarter.
http://cluclu.ru/blog/deti_vyazanie/185.html

I have never ever done a crochet pattern before. Everything I crochet I just do as I go along, I look for inspirations, but don't use patterns from other sites, I love working out my own crochet item.
I shared the picture on my facebook page
Didn't even realise that people might want to make them, 
so I had to translate the pattern,
I tried it out myself 
and here is the pattern that I have completed:


Baby piglet booties.
Size:
0-6 months, app. 10 cm foot length.
Materials: Patons DK Baby Fab acrylic, white and pink.
Gauge 4 stitches =2 cm or 5 stitches = 1 inch
Hook size 3.00 mm Us size nearest is D which is 3.25mm or use the size to obtain the right gauge.
Stitches used:
st(s) – stitch(es)
ch – chain stitch
hdc – half double crochet
dc – double crochet
sc – single crochet
sl st - slip stitch
dc2tog - double crochet two together

Using Pink colour :
Sole:

Rnd 1: ch15,sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 4 sts, hdc in next 4 sts, dc in next 4 sts, 3 dc in last ch, work on opposite side,
Dc in next 4 sts, hdc in next 4 sts, sc in next 4 sts, 3sc in the last st , join with sl st to 1st sc.(32 sts)




Rnd 2: ch 3, dc in the same st, 2 dc in next st, dc in next 12 sts,2 dc in next st. ( 2 dc in 1 st ) 5 times , dc in next 13 sts, 2dc in next st, join with sl st to 1st dc ( 40sts)


Rnd 3: ch 3, dc in same st, dc in next st, 2 dc in next st, dc in next 12 sts, 2 dc in next st, dc in next st,( 2dc in 1 st,dc in next 1 ) 5 times , dc in next 13 sts, 2 dc in the next st, dc in last st, join with sl st to 1st dc (48sts)



Rnd 4: ch 3, in back loop only, dc in next 47 sts, join sl st to 1st dc (48 sts) 

 
Rnd 5: ch 3 work in both loops, dc in next 47 sts, join sl st to 1st dc  fasten off(48sts)

Upper:

Rnd 6: miss 15 sts join yarn in the 16th st from the 1st dc,
Ch 3, dc in next 3 sts, dc2tog, dc2tog, dc in next 5 sts, dc2tog, dc2tog, dc in next 4 sts, turn the work over and work backwards, (17dc)


Rnd 7:ch 3 dc in next 2 sts, dc2tog, dc2tog, dc in next 3 sts, dc2tog, dc2tog, dc in next 3 sts, turn over and work backwards again(13 dc)


Rnd 8: ch 3 dc in next st, dc2tog, dc2tog, dc in next st, dc2tog, dc2tog, dc in last st (9dc), join with sl st the last st to the 1st dc


Rnd 9: ch 3 work in the back loops of upper boot, dc in each end of the row 6, 7, 8 dc in next st,which is the previous round 5, work round  dc in next 27 sts, then in back loops of your upper boot dc in next 3 ends of rounds( ch 3, dc in next 3 back loops dc in 27 sts, dc in next 3 back loops of rounds 6.7.8 )( 34 dc) 


Rnd 10: ch 3, dc in next 33 sts, join sl st in the 1st dc( 34dc)


Rnd 11: ch 4  (skip 1 st, dc in next st, ch 1) repeat around, join last ch1 to the 3rd ch counts as 1st dc (fishnet st)( 17 dc and 17 ch, makes 17 arches)


Rnd 12: ch 3 ,dc in each st around, join sl st in the 1st dc (34dc)


Rnd 13-14 same as rnd 12 at the end fasten off


Ears make 2 :
Rnd 1 : with white yarn ch 2, 3 sc 1hdc 3sc in he 2nd ch of the hook fasten off
Rnd 2: join pink yarn with sl st in the 1st sc ,ch 1, 2 sc in the next st, sc in next st, sc hdc sc in the next st, sc in te next st, 2 sc in next st, sc in last st, fasten off
Nose:
With white yarn ch 4 ,sc in 2nd ch from the hook, sc in next st, 3 sc in last st, work opposite, sc in next st, 2 sc in last st join with sl st in 1st sc, fasten off. Sew on 2 pink nostrils.

With white yarn chain 100,fasten off, make 2 for shoe laces.
Sew on the ears and nose and use couple black beads or small buttons for eyes, lace goes in arches that was made in the 11th round.
Done:)
Enjoy :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment