Wednesday 15 May 2013

Day 30.Spiral crochet flower


Spiral crochet flower.

Found this flower on some site, that I have linked in my title, and loved it.
However the pattern wasn't very clear at all, and I struggled a bit.
My flower looks a bit different, from the one shown in the pattern above.
But here it is and hope you like it.



Materials:
Paton's Baby Fab yarn
Hook 4mm
Scissors

Stitches used:
Sc - single crochet
Dc - double crochet
Tr - treble crochet
Dtr - double treble crochet
Hdc - half double crochet
Sl st - slip stitch
Ch - chain




Rnd 1: Ch 10,



sc in the 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next st, dc in next st, 2dc in next st, tr in next st, 2 tr in next st, dtr in next st, 2 dtr in next st and dtr st in the last ch.

Rnd 2: Ch 1, sl st in the same st, sl st in next 2 sts, sc in next 9sts.



Rnd 3: Ch 1, (all stitches in this round, have to be stitched through the sts from the rnd 1, over the round 3),




sc through the sc from round 1, hdc in next st, dc in next st, 2 dc in next st, tr in next st, 2 tr in next st, dtr in next st, 2 dtr i nxt st, dtr in next st, , turn work.
Rnd 4: Repeat rnd 2. and so on until  you have enough spiral petals(about 12)
Rnd 5: Repeat rnd 3.
Repeat rnd 2 and 3 about 10 more times until  you have enough spiral petals(about 12) Sew or slip stitch the first  petal with last.



I made this little spiral flower with 2 colours:
With white yarn:
Ch 6, sc in the 2nd ch from hook, 2hdc in next st, 2 dc in next st, tr in next st and 2tr in last st, ch1, sl st in the same st, sl st in next 2 sts, sc in next 5 sts, join the other colour yarn, don't fasten off, the white yarn, ch 1, sc through previous rnd st, 2hdc, 2dc, tr, 2tr in last st, ch 1, sl st in the same st and in next 2, sc in next 5 st, now use the white yarn, don't fasten off the pink yarn, repeat all again.

I have just found another blog with the same flower, here she explains really well, what stitches and and how to use. I am still posting my way of doing the spiral crochet flower. Even though I didn't use the reverse single crochet, I still think my flower is pretty and might be worth making :)
Enjoy.
Dace 

No comments:

Post a Comment